We used Jones Dairy Farms Chicken Links to make our twist on Kimbap, a Korean seaweed rice roll. It’s the perfect picnic food or make-ahead snack you can enjoy all day. Turn it into a fun activity making it with your friends and family!
- 5 sheets yakinori
- 4 cups (550g) freshly cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 carrot
- 5 long strips of takuan, 1cm thickness
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Chicken Links
- 6 Tbsp (90ml) water
- 1/2 – 1 tsp gochujang
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Toasted sesame seeds (for garnishing)
- 1In a large bowl, add the rice and season with salt and sesame oil. Mix gently and keep covered with a tea towel while preparing the other ingredients.
- 2Blanch the spinach, rinse with cold water and squeeze the water out. Set aside.
- 3Cut the carrot into matchsticks and sauté in a pan with a little oil, salt and pepper to taste, until soft. Set aside to cool.
- 4Heat the same pan over medium heat and add Jones Dairy Farm Chicken Links, water, gochujang, soy sauce, and sugar. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, or until the water has evaporated and the sausages are coated in the thickened sauce.
- 5Take a sheet of nori onto a makisu or plastic wrap. The shiny side should be faced down. Leaving 1-2cm of nori closest to you and 1/3 nori at the further side uncovered, thinly spread the rice evenly.
- 6Take the Chicken Links out of the pan and slice in half lengthwise.
- 7Place the spinach, carrot, takuan pickle, and 3 Chicken Links halves in the center of the rice.
- 8Using both hands, tightly roll the makisu over the filling. Squeeze the makisu tightly as you continue to roll the kimbap.
- 9Take the rolled kimbap out of the makisu and onto a plate with the seam side down. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- 10Rub each rolled kimbap with some sesame oil.
- 11Using a sharp knife, cut each roll into 1-2 cm thick slices. Wipe the knife with a damp towel after each slice to ensure clean slices. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and enjoy!
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Chicken Links
Back to the list