Chicken Links Savory Scone
Servings: 8 pieces30 minutes
A savory twist to this British classic, these scones made with Jones Dairy Farm Chicken Links are a hit at barbeques, as snacks and as a quick breakfast fix. Best eaten hot out of the oven or refrigerate them until you’re ready to eat.
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Chicken Links ,defrosted and cut into squares of size 5mm
- 100g cheddar cheese, cut into squares of size 5mm
- 100g cake flour*
- 100g bread flour*
- 40g granulated sugar*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder*
- 60g butter, chilled and cut into small pieces*
- 1 egg
- 40ml fresh cream
for the dip
- 100g cream cheese, room temperature and softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers, coarsely chopped
- 1 branch of dill
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Put ingredients with * in a food processor and blend until it has a cheese consistency. (Alternately, place ingredients in a bowl and mix with finger tips until powdery)
- 3Add in All Natural Chicken Links and cheddar cheese and mix.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix together egg and fresh cream, and add. Collect the dough into one.
- 5Dust some flour onto a surface, and roll the dough to a 3cm thickness. Cut into 8 pieces with a knife.
- 6Lay a baking sheet on a tray and lay out the dough. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 7Make the dip. Add the cream cheese in a bowl, and slowly add the lemon juice while mixing. Add the chopped dill and capers and mix thoroughly.
Don’t knead the dough much after adding the egg. By not kneading excessively the scone will obtain a light and fluffy texture.