Pasta Carbonara with Ham and Sweet Peas
- 340g Pasta
- 2 cups Frozen Peas
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated and divided
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 200g Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham, diced
- 1Cook pasta in large boiling salted water according to package directions, adding peas in the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham; cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- 3Before draining pasta, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- 4Beat eggs in large bowl; slowly drizzle in hot pasta water while whisking. Add 1/4 cup cheese and whisk to blend.
- 5Add drained pasta and peas to skillet; pour in egg mixture, stirring to coat.
- 6Cook and stir over low heat to avoid scrambling eggs, until sauce thickens slightly.
- 7Serve topped with remaining Parmesan cheese.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham
Back to the list