Wrapped in a bacon bow, this perfectly packaged side-dish is great for dinner and parties with family and friends.
Bacon-Wrapped Veggie Bundle with Soy Honey Glaze
- 1 Tbs minced onion
- Olive oil
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornstarchh
- 2 tsp cold water
- 18 asparagus spears
- 3 large carrots
- 18 green beans, snipped and strings removed
- 9 strips Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1Preheat oven to 200˚C. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, and apply thin layer of cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Add minced onions to small sauce pan with a touch of olive oil. Sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until starting to soften. Add honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil; simmer for one minute.
- 3In a small cup, combine cornstarch and water, whisking until corn starch dissolves. Add to sauce pan and stir well. Continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- 4Trim woody ends off asparagus. Peel carrots and cut into batonnets. Gather asparagus spears, carrot strips and green beans and wrap with bacon.
- 5Place on prepared baking sheet. Continue with remaining ingredients, making 9 bundles total..
- 6Brush half of the glaze on veggie bundles. Reserve half in a container.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate pan and continue baking another 8-10 minutes, or until veggies and bacon are cooked through.
- 8Reheat remaining glaze. Plate veggie bundles and brush with remaining glaze. Serve immediately.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
Back to the list