“I think for all of us, our favorite potato salad is mom’s recipe, right? My mom’s potato salad is light on the mayo, has lightly pickled cucumbers and onions, ham, and boiled eggs.” -@aimadeitforyou
Mom’s Potato Salad @aimadeitforyou
Mom’s Potato Salad40 minutes
- 900g potatoes
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (separated into 1 tsp and 1/2 tsp)
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (60g) Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham, chopped
- 2 Tbs (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 6 Tbs (90ml) mayonnaise
- 5 boiled eggs
- 1Boil the potatoes with the skin on until tender.
- 2While the potatoes are boiling, add the cucumber and onions to a bowl and massage with 1 tsp of salt and set aside.
- 3Once the potatoes are cooked through and tender, peel the skin off. Put the potatoes into a large bowl and mash to your preferred texture.
- 4Add olive oil, the remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and mix.
- 5Rinse the salt off the cucumber and onion and squeeze the water out. Add them to the potatoes along with the ham and olives.
- 6Add the mayonnaise and boiled eggs and stir. Taste for seasoning.
This recipe is made using
Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Ham
Back to the list